Monday, September 9, 2013

Publix Bakery

Where: 10615 Narcoossee Rd, Orlando FL
What: Mixed package
When: Saturday, August 31st, 2013

Sometimes I use donuts as a treat for myself. I know you aren't supposed to use food as a reward, but sometimes it makes crappy situations more bearable. I tried to find an actual donut place, but the one listed on Google Maps was no longer there. So Publix had to do.

Publix is the main grocery store chain in Florida, especially the Orlando area. We barely have any other stores. It kind of sucks for competition. Their subs are really good though. People rave about their bakery. I'm not the biggest fan. Probably because my mom really bakes. And my sister. I know what the good stuff tastes like. But I had to try them anyways. Mostly because I was already in the parking lot and I wanted a donut.

The selection was pretty slim. Nothing maple in the display case or the preboxed ones. They had boxes of a half dozen glazed or half dozen chocolate frosted for $2.99 but I went with the box of mixed fancies. Or fancy for a grocery store. There was an apple fritter, a cinnamon long john, a boston creme long john, and a cinnamon roll.

The boston creme was obviously my favorite and the rest were just eh. My family helped me eat them so they went pretty quickly, but I probably wouldn't go back. Florida, you have disappointed me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment