Thursday, March 16, 2017

The Habit

What: Plain Jane, The Habit, Carbon
Where: Denver, CO
When: Saturday, March 11th 2017

You guys, I haven't done a donut review in FOREVER. Sorry! I dropped the ball this spring for sure. We've been super busy, news of what's in the works to come.
Donuts first! We went to Denver for spring break and to see some very old friends from middle school, one of which lives in Denver and one of which was coming to see her in-laws in Denver. Hubby did some research and found The Habit, a donut and whiskey place. I love donut/bars because they are open much nicer hours! In fact, we went there quite late after a full day of touristy stuff.

Hubby and I split the Carbon, described as "Dark chocolate espresso cremeux filling, espresso glaze, white chocolate drizzle" on their website. It was super decadent and rich, if not a little dry at the end (I mean, we did buy it around 9:30pm). BFF #1 got the Habit and had it finished before we got back in the car. The Habit is obviously their flagship donut and is a raspberry and blueberry concoction. BFF #2 got the Plain Jane, a simple cinnamon and sugar donut that was probably my favorite. Super moist and perfect flavor. I say 3.5/5 for Carbon, ?/5 for the Habit and 4/5 for Plain Jane.



Plain Jane
Carbon
Habit

2 comments: