Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Two week road trip!

So I am back from the trip, sorry for the lack of posting during the trip. I don't have one of those cool dodads for getting the internet anywhere and everywhere yet, and it was kind of hard to find a signal when I had time to use said signal. :-(

The trip consisted of a weekend at High Point State Park in New Jersey, sharing a three bedroom cabin with the whole family, then some time driving around southern Pennsylvania to see the other side of the family and Philadelphia (briefly, not really for touristy reasons, but we did hit the Wawa! And the Target my family always seems to stop at on any trip to Philly. Someone always needs something!)

Then a weekend in Boston to show off my favorite city ever and help host a bridal shower.

And, of course, a slight delay in the trip due to the ridiculous storms in the midwest yesterday. I heard that they were referred to as a land based hurricane somewhere? I didn't see anything particularly bad myself besides tons of lightning, but we stopped our westward progress before they really reached us and then they went slightly south of us in Des Moines, so it was a quiet night with the tv on and some snacks in one of the few hotels we found that still had a room last night.

Now I'm home, three loads of laundry in, trying to get everything put back and reorganized and get life started back up again. Just in time for National Donut Day on Friday! Look for a post tomorrow of deals and coupons and ways to celebrate this most amazing holiday, which also happens to be my One Year Blog-iversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment