Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ambrosia Bakery

What: Jelly Filled
Where: 272 Naugatuck Ave, Milford CT
When: Saturday, July 19th, 2014

While back on the east coast in July I was the runner for two of my favorite coworkers' wedding. They were doing a dessert bar so I went to Costco, Whole Foods, and Ambrosia Bakery to pick stuff  up the morning of the wedding.
1. Costco on a Saturday morning is super busy.
2. Costcos apparently do not believe in labeling aisles.
3. Telling someone not to panic yet while they are waiting for a preorder at Whole Foods is somewhat panic inducing.
4. Count the orders before leaving in case they forgot a box of six dozen Cannolis.


But, silver lining, I got one of the best jelly donuts I've ever had. Like Frangelli's fresh-filled good.
I couldn't even tell you what flavor the jelly was, maybe some sort of blackberry? Delicious. The dough was awesome too, not too sweet to balance out the jelly. 5/5. Would definitely go back and try out some other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment