Saturday, April 5, 2014

Frangelli's Bakery

What: Italian Creme filled and Jelly Filled, raised glazed
Where: 847 W. Ritner St, Philadelphia 19148
When: Sunday, March 16th, 2014
website: Facebook

A couple days after the 2014 NYC Donut Tour, my sister and I were ready to eat another donut. We went to a bakery in South Philly (where we were not born and raised) that I had been to previously with my other sister. The awesome thing about this bakery is that they fill the shells right then and there for you.

We got three donuts in all, one standard glazed, one filled with Italian Creme and one filled with jelly. The Italian cream was a buttercream with a medium to strong amaretto flavoring. The jelly was a delicious blend of berries. The glazed was good, but I think I preferred the filled ones. The dough was really good and fresh tasting. I wish I had asked if they could mix the fillings, like half creme and half jelly. Or if they'd add chocolate frosting once they filled it...maybe next time.


Glazed: 3/5
Italian Creme filled: 4/5
Jelly Filled: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment