Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wedding Donuts

I may have forgotten to mention this recently, but I got married. Over 4 months ago. So delayed! It was lovely, a tiny ceremony in the woods of Upstate New York with our immediate families and lots of food. So much food.

Obviously, donuts were involved. My sister, a professional pastry chef, made us homemade donuts the morning of the ceremony. They were similar to boston creme donuts, but about 100 times better. Plus my sisters and sister in law and I all got a hand in making them!


First the baker made the dough and fried them for us. Then one sister filled them. I feel stupid not knowing this, but it isn't like there is this pre-made cavity inside of filled donuts just waiting to be filled. It just airy because of how the dough cooks and the filling just shoves it's way in.


Lastly they got frosted, which was done by my sister in law dipping the filled donuts upside down into warm melted chocolate. We barely waited for the frosting to set before we started eating them. Warm donuts are amazing. And I only had to find a guy, get engaged, and plan a wedding to convince my sister to make them! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment