Thursday, May 12, 2016

Zombie Donuts, part 2

Sorry I missed my donut update last Thursday, I have been sick for way too long and I'm sick of being sick. Plus, 9 days left of school! Which means lots of last minute grading with tests and homeworks and late assignments finally getting turned in!

For today, I have kind of a repeat. When we went to Zombie Donuts in DC, I loved it so much I wanted to go back before we left! So, yes, we went twice in one day. This time we got maple bacon, vanilla oreo, and I tried chocolate lemon. The problem with the chocolate lemon was that the lemon glaze was so hot it melted the chocolate frosting off, as you can see in the picture (bottom left). I can't wait to experiement with more flavor combinations! The maple oreo that I had from Zombie first is still my favorite, but the maple bacon was pretty good. The best part of them making them fresh is that the frosting is still soft so the toppings really stick in them and don't make a huge mess in the box. 


No comments:

Post a Comment