Monday, September 12, 2016

Aloy's 125th Anniversary

My mom is from a small town in Eastern Nebraska. Like tiny small. It is just an intersection now. There are a couple houses and a church. And the church is now 125 years old! We were able to go to the anniversary party and it was pretty awesome.

We stopped at a Nebraska Passport stop on the way in Columbus (Sip Espresso Bar) and I got a pretty awesome ice cream sandwich. Hubby got a cookie. I think my ice cream sandwich was better.



The scenery was pretty awesome on the drive too. 

At the church there was a special mass, a blessing of a new statue of Mary, a big dinner, a keg, and tons of pictures to check out. This one of the guys digging possibly the church basement, had my great-grandfather in it!
There was quite the crowd there, and it was almost a small family reunion of my mom's dad's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment