Monday, September 5, 2016

Victoria Springs State Park

I planned some Passport Trips when I was bored one day at the beginning of summer and found cabins nearby so that we could hopefully stay at one. And my aunt took me up on one of them! We did Central Nebraska for 3 days, 2 nights, and stayed at a "two bedroom" cabin in Victoria Springs State Park, one of the oldest state parks in Nebraska.

The cabin was $65/night and worked for us. But as you can see by the pictures, wasn't really 2 bedroom. More of one bedroom + alcove. It had a window unit that worked pretty well, we couldn't really turn it off because then it would get musty inside and I couldn't get any windows to open.

The park had two cabins and about 40 tent/rv sites. The weekend after we were there was a Ham radio convention, so it was starting to fill up by the time we left. The lake/pond in front of the cabin had some green stuff all over it, so we didn't venture in. And neither of us fish, so that wasn't a problem to skip either.

It was great to stay so close to the passport sites we were visiting, but I don't think we'll be making this park part of our normal rotation. I can't remember how I grade cabins, but I'm going to say 2/5 for this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment