Thursday, May 10, 2018

Donut Frier

What: Glazed Croissant
When: April 28th, 2018
Where: Gatlinburg, TN

Gatlinburg is a little overwhelming. Especially if you have no ideas about it before you arrive and see all the people and all the stores and all the general hubub. But it was fun. I thought I'd hate it, but it kind of reminded me of what a family friendly Vegas would be. Although, I've never been to Vegas so if anyone has been to both, how's my analogy?
While walking around after breakfast one morning, we saw a sign for The Donut Frier in a shopping area slightly off the main drag. Figured we'd check it out. It was a tiny store where you could see them baking in the back and we got in line behind some ladies that had on matching shirts. I couldn't read the shirts.
They had a fair selection left for being later in the day, but as soon as I heard about the frosted croissant I figured that was the one to try. Frosted croissants are quite excellent. This one was a little on the small side, but a good specimen. I'd give it a 4/5 and it was gone before we made it into The Great Smokey Mountains National Park that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment