Thursday, April 16, 2015

Dough

What: Chocolate frosted with Cocoa Nips, Raised Glazed, Nutella filled
Where: 14 W 19th St, NY, NY 10011
When: Thursday, March 12, 2015
This is the first Manhattan location for Dough and it appears to be a hit. The hours on the door said they closed at 6, but we got there at 5:50 to a long line and left at 6:15 and the line was still there. They are probably trying to figure out what their hours should be (24 maybe?) and just want to sell their donuts. Which are amazing.

First, the location. There was a large farm style table and displays of other local organize products. Two large cases full of some of the biggest donuts I've ever seen, plus large windows back to where they were still making donuts. That was my favorite part, getting to watch them being made. The tubs of brightly colored frosting looked so delicious. 

We ordered three donuts to try. My sister, who took us here and took me on the great NYC Donut tour of 2014, has previously reviewed Dough for me based on her purchases from a food truck fest. I believe she spoke about the lemon poppy seed last time. This time we got the Chocolate Frosted with Cocoa Nips, a glazed donut, and a Nutella filled donut. It cost almost $10, but was worth it for the size of these things. 


They all got shoved in the same bag, hence the messy chocolate frosting. I was a little disappointed that more care was not taken, some customers had their donuts placed in individual clam shells to keep them fancy. But once we tasted them, I forgot about that. It really is a good thing this place is called Dough because the dough was literally the best donut dough I have ever had. So light and fluffy. All the flavors were amazing. The Nutella was so creamy inside that it just ran out of the donut as soon as I bit into it. I was not a huge fan of the cocoa nips on the chocolate donut, but the frosting was perfect. The glazed was also delicious, perfectly simple while still tasting great.

They also were selling donut holes, but we did not try any of them. I'd give them all a 5/5. Definitely want to go back next time I'm in NYC. They are also sold at some of the Whole Foods in NYC, but I'm not sure how fresh they are when bought off site.

No comments:

Post a Comment