Thursday, April 2, 2015

Carnival Cruise

My mother doesn't fly. Hence all the family road trips. But she wants to go to Ireland someday. So we took a practice cruise to see how she and my dad liked it. Before they book a giant mega cruise and end up unhappy in the middle of the Atlantic. Good news, my dad LOVED it and my mom enjoyed it enough that she'd do it again.

We did a three night cruise out of Cape Canaveral to the Bahamas and there were 7 of us total. My parents got a suite with a balcony, my husband and I got an oceanview room, my one sister got an interior room, and my other sister and her husband got an oceanview room. The three of us sisters were fine with our rooms, they were plenty big for one or two people and had what we needed. My parents definitely enjoyed their larger room and it was nice for us to have a meeting place. We all fit in comfortably for pre dinner drinks or late night hang outs, so that was nice. If they had had a small room as well we would of had to hang out in some common areas.

The food is all included on a cruise, including 24 hour room service which was probably my favorite part. The food though was just so eh. It was like college cafeteria level. The food in the sit down dining rooms was better, but I don't think it made up enough for the rest of it. The desserts were especially bland, but we kept trying them all, to the dismay of my husband. He finally asked why we kept trying them if we never liked any of them and my mom responded that we may like one of them and couldn't give up!

On the last full day (our "Fun Day at Sea") there was a chocolate buffet advertised. It was really just a chocolate fountain, but you know we were there to try it. There were apples, bananas, melons and of course donut holes to dip. You know I got a little of everything. And, like the rest of the food, they were just ok. Nothing to write home about. Probably nothing to even talk about again if I didn't have a donut blog.
I guess people don't really go on cruises for the food. Maybe more for the all inclusive nature. I don't know. I would be ok if I never went on another cruise again, but I also wouldn't refuse if that's what everyone else wanted to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment