Thursday, April 9, 2015

Randy's

What: Lemon filled, and an assortment of other ones I can't remember now, but no maple
Where: Randy's Donuts, 201 Capital Beach Blvd #5, Lincoln NE
When: Saturday, February 21st, 2015

My mom was recently in town for the weekend and I had to take my husband to work early on Saturday while she slept in. I figured that was the perfect time to head out to Randy's since they close so early.

I got there around 8:15 and the pickings were already kind of slim. They focus mainly on wholesale I'm sure, so most of the donuts are spoken for before they're even frosted. They did have a maple cinnamon roll but it looked to be a little much for me. I got a selection of about 5 donuts and rolls and headed home to go back to bed.

I've recently fallen in love with lemon curd and lemon flavored things, so I was really excited to try the lemon filled donut. I loved that it was frosted and not covered in powdered sugar like so many filled donuts are. I'm not a huge powdered sugar fan on donuts. The glaze was amazing and the lemon inside was the perfect flavor. I also appreciated how much filing was in it, this wasn't some donut that was only filled on one half of it or something like that. There was filling in every bite.

I'd give it a 5/5, best lemon filled I've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment