Thursday, August 18, 2016

Donut King

What: Cookies and Cream, Chocolate with Peanuts
Where: Donut King, 2320 Armour Rd, Kansas City, MO 64116
When: Sunday, July 31st, 2016

We went to Oceans of Fun recently, in Kansas City and were debatig going to the Donut Lounge, which is a bar/donut place as the name suggests. Hubby has been, I have not. However, coming from a water park we probably weren't dressed appropriately for a fancy donut bar. We drove by this place on the way to a bbq place for dinner and I said no way was it open on a Sunday night at 8pm. But the open sign was on and visable from the street! (Thank you businesses who have well lit "Open" signs so we don't have to drive into the parking lot only to be disappointed). Then I figured they wouldn't have anything left on a Sunday night at 8pm. But I was dead wrong and it was such a wonderful surprise walking in and seeing two full cases!
They didn't have maple though, we were told it was too expensive so I'm sure if they did have it, it would be made with real maple syrup. Instead I got a cookies and cream, which is becoming one of my new favorites. It was a raised donut with chocolate frosting and cookies crumbled on top. It was delicious and I cannot wait to go to Kansas City again. 4.5/5
Hubby had a chocolate frosted cake donut with sprinkles. For how much I enjoy peanuts, I have never really cared for peanut sprinkled on a donut. Maybe 2/5. I feel bad rating it poorly simply because I don't like it.



Apparently this was the only picture of the donuts I took. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment