Monday, August 1, 2016

Ogallala, Nebraska

While camping at Lake McConaughy, we got to check two more places off our Nebraska Passports. The Lake McConaughy Visitors Center, which hubby and I had actually been to last summer as well and has wonderful views of the area, and the Mansion on the Hill in Ogallala, which we got to latch onto a tour of when we stopped there. I didn't take any pictures in the house, I always feel weird taking pictures during a tour. But I did take some pictures of the one room school house they had out back, and the cemetery hubby wanted to go to afterwards (maybe he is more like my mom than my dad after all...)
All sites need to do this!
Some example questions from a high school entrance exam, from
the one room school house, probably unreadable in the picture...
Cemetery entrance.
The gravestones are replicas because most were made of wood and did not last.


No comments:

Post a Comment