Thursday, May 4, 2017

Wahoo Bakery

What: Chocolate cake, cherry cheese kolache
Where: Wahoo, NE
When: Friday, April 14th, 2017


The Wahoo Bakery is one of my favorite small town bakeries ever. Wahoo is a town of about 4,500 north of Lincoln. My mom discovered their donuts on one of her crazy Nebraska road trips with her sister a couple of years ago. Hubby and I don't make it to Wahoo very often, but when we do we always hit up the bakery and the Wahoo Meat Locker. Normally in that order.

This time their selection wasn't the largest (probably because we didn't make it there till about 11am which is not prime time for donut selection) so I ended up with a kolache. Hands down one of the best kolache's I've ever had. The dough was not sweet at all but delicious and the filling was the right level of sweetness to pair with the dough. I could have eaten 3 more, but thankfully I only bought one. 5/5.

The chocolate cake is one of Hubby's favorites normally so the selection was not disappointing for him at all. I had to stop myself from eating more than the bite he offered me because it was also delicious. I'm kind of glad we don't live in Wahoo...

Also, for anyone wondering about the Meat Locker, excellent meat and an adorable selection of kitchen gadgets. My favorite are the Hawaiian wieners which are a touch spicy and have little tiny chunks of pineapple in them and Hubby picked out a honey bbq smoked sausage that people were fighting over at Easter dinner. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

I did not win the contest for how many eggs were in the window :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment