Friday, January 31, 2014

All Amigos are not created equal

What: Chocolate raised donut from Winchell's, a donut chain now found mostly as a display case in Amigos, a Mexican fast food restaurant in Lincoln.
Where: 56th and Highway 2
When: Uh, November? Maybe? I'm sorry. I need to be better. Maybe I need a donut journal to go with my donut blog. Hmmm...

So I've talked about Winchell's before because I've tried them before. And never really been impressed. Probably because most of the time I got them late in the day and you know they aren't actually being made inside of the Amigo's place.

I finally got one in the morning. Or at 11am. Which is by definition definitely morning. We stopped between churches. And that sentence means exactly what it sounds like. Two church services on Sundays, stop for food in between. We had a lovely brunch of breakfast burritos and donuts while reading the local Strictly Business magazine thingy.

Here is my chocolate donut:


It was lovely. I'd say the step above Dunkin Donuts. The chocolate icing has a really good flavor and the donut itself isn't too sweet so that you feel sick after eating it from the sugar rush. 3.5/5

Moral of the story: Second chances are so worth it. And don't go to the Amigos on 14th and Pine Lake. Just trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment