Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pumpkin Donuts! (slightly old...this is from November)

So fall is my favorite food season. I think it might be everyone's. Although summer is my favorite beer season. But fall wins it with apple cider donuts and pumpkin donuts for sure. Which means I can't let fall pass completely before I get those. So far I haven't been successful. I was mildly successful in getting fresh Casey's donuts Tuesday morning, but no apple cider donuts yet.

 If you haven't heard me talk about Casey's donuts yet, Casey's is a chain of convenience stores in the midwest that sometimes have full kitchens in them with pizza, subs, and made in store donuts. Think Wawa, but not as fancy. And not all Casey's are as nice. In fact, I also recently went into a super crappy Casey's that had none of these food offerings. So yeah, not as consistent as Wawa.

I know you all love my babbling.

The point! I got three of the moistest donuts I've ever had, including a chocolate cake donut with maple frosting. It finally hit me why their cake donuts are so good. They actually taste like cake! And who doesn't love a reason to eat cake in the morning! The raised were also good, mostly because the chocolate frosting had so much flavor and tasted like something besides wax.

I have no pictures of these delicious donuts, probably because I was sharing them with some friends and we ate too quickly to pause. My next couple reviews will have pictures, and I only know this because I found the pictures on my camera and was like, oh crap, I forgot to review these donuts! Ooops...

No comments:

Post a Comment