Friday, January 17, 2014

Louisville, Nebraska

Louisville is a tiny town in southeastern Nebraska, between Omaha and Lincoln. It is home to an adorable downtown and a Subway with a Goodrich counter inside. It also has the closet liquor store to Platte River State Park.

None of these things have to do with donuts, but I did have a donut last time I was there. It was just eh, it may have been old. It was saran wrapped and sold at the downtown diner but baked somewhere else.

Here is a picture:


Now back to why I love visiting Louisville.

Every November they have an open house weekend, this year was the 9th-10th. The stores there have special sales, and possibly my favorite part, snacks to munch on while shopping! This was the second year I have gone with my aunts and I hope it continues to be a tradition. It's a nice start to Christmas shopping, especially when I find more amazing mugs for my brother-in-law (this years was one with a photo of some Chippendale dancers on it, I don't think I took a picture before I sent it to him, but he did inform me that I won Christmas based on it).

There is also a "store" there called Art Chicks that has fancy lunches for groups of women. I can't really explain how ridiculous or amazing this is, so I will just have to find a picture of the time I went there with my sister and her two best friends the year I graduated high school. Here you go:

Next time you're in Nebraska (which I'm sure will be soon, everyone comes to Nebraska to visit all the time) and you're looking for some small town excitement, check out Louisville. It's my favorite daytime tiny town. I'll have to tell you about my favorite nighttime tiny town some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment