Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lamar's

What: Maple Long John
When: Monday, December 7th, 2015
Where: 16th & Q, Lincoln NE

I've had a decent amount of Lamar's donuts at this point. There are the local chain around Lincoln. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad. They annoy  me the most with their lack of maple donuts most days, but my husband found this one for me. He was up early after dropping me off at school and decided to swing by the downtown Lamar's. And for once, they had a maple!

The filling was over the top. There was so much in it I was having to scrap it out. Donut filling is hard. I never knew this, but they don't make a cavity ahead of time for the filling. They just shove the pastry bag in to the warm donut and fill the void created by the fluffy dough. This one was bursting with white, sugary sweet filling. I couldn't eat the whole thing in one sitting (which is probably better since the donut itself was quite large) so it got put back away and I reluctantly finished it later. I'd give it a 2/5. Not the worst thing I've ever had, and fairly tasty, just sooooooo much filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment