Thursday, January 28, 2016

Making Donuts, part 1

First recipe: Fried Cake Donuts
My sister (the baker) actually made these pretty much on her own. She followed the recipe in the cookbook and made the dough the night before. I didn't bring any of my circle cookie cutters, so she just cut them into squares using the pizza cutter.

Here she is frying some:


And I totally forgot to take any pictures of the finished products...the square shape turned out a little funky but the cake fluffed up considerably more than I would have thought it would making them much closer to spheres than I thought they would be.

We dipped them in glaze right out of the pan and then they got eaten basically immediately. We frosted a couple with some left over fudge frosting from the night before, but I preferred them simply frosted.

My rating may be clouded by the raised donuts we made the next day (and you can read about in two weeks) but I'd give these a 3/5. I might not try them again, but you never know.


1 comment: