Thursday, April 28, 2016

Zombie Coffee and Donuts

What: Maple oreo, Chocolate caramel, Maple pecan
Where: 3100 14th St NW, Washington DC
When: Monday, April 4th 2016


My friend lives maybe two blocks from this place. I would be in so much trouble if I lived that close. It may be the best concept for donut places ever. You go in, they have some samples you can look at or choose from, but you get to order your donut by picking your frosting(s) and topping(s) and then they make it! Right there! Fresh! It's amazing. So amazing we may have gone twice.
The first time, I got a maple frosted donut with oreo crumbles. All their donuts are cake donuts and it was literally the best cake donut I had ever had. So unbelievably fluffy it almost tasted like a raised donut. And the frosting and toppings were perfect. I may have to give it a 6/5. I don't know if I've ever done that before.

Hubby got a chocolate frosted one with caramel stripes and a maple pecan. I wasn't fully paying attention during the ordering process because I only got one. But I got lots of pictures of the shop (which follow, you're welcome)! The chocolate frosting on his was delicious, almost the same taste as my mom's homemade chocolate fudge frosting. I'd give it a 5/5. I did not try the maple pecan because I don't believe in nuts in my baked goods. Nope nope nope.

Samples to give you ideas.

Fresh donuts waiting to be iced.
Icing state in the back.
Our selection for 4. I may have taken
mine out already.
Maple Oreo
Hubby's chocolate caramel
and maple pecan

Hubby trying to be a zombie. I assume

No comments:

Post a Comment