Thursday, June 23, 2016

Donuts for a crowd

While in Montana I got the chance to make donuts for a crowd big enough to eat all of them! I was very excited and everyone seemed interested in the process. This was also the first time I used the oven to get the dough to raise (my sister's tip: if the oven was warm, but not so warm that you couldn't touch one of the racks, it was ok to use for raising). I went with all donut holes because I find them easier to work with and made a quick glaze to dip them in as they came out of the fryer (with some help with one of our friends). And they got eaten faster than we could fill up the cookie rack!

Half of them waiting to raise.
Last of them out of the glaze. Lots of weird shapes from the leftover dough, but I don't waste anything if I can help it!
Yeah, I made a nutella sandwich. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment