Monday, June 13, 2016

The RV dream

The hubby and I have a new five year plan. We're going to save like crazy, and then do a full year on the road. Get a used SUV to tow a small trailer. Bigger than a tear drop, but smaller than a 5th wheel. We'll start after school is out with a going away party at Mahoney because that's where life starts for us. Then we'll head up north, getting to Alaska by the summer solstice to see 24 hours of sun, come back through Seattle and Portland to visit friends, and SLC and Denver. Swing back through Nebraska at the end of summer in case anything needs to be fixed or anything went wrong, and then the northeast for the fall! Hang out in FL for December and get seasonal jobs at a UPS Store. Refill the bank account a little. Visit the Keys. Stick to the south for January and February. We gotta figure out the nitty gritty still, but the idea is taking shape.

So of course, I've been looking at trailer floorplans like it's my job. I may have found my ideal trailer today. It is ADORABLE! And has a separate bedroom, which I think is a priority for me. We'll see if the hubby likes it, it doesn't have a couch for him to lay on but maybe the dinette will do?

I present, the Vintage Cruiser by Gulf Stream, in aqua. Obviously. Now I need to go find one to see in person!

And the video, so you can fall in love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment