Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LaMar's, spoiler alert: 3rd time was NOT the charm

Where: 4240 S 48th St, Lincoln
What: Boston Creme
When: Thursday, August 8th, 2013

I had the opportunity to be over near the other LaMar's location in Lincoln a couple of weeks ago and decided I might as well try it. Maybe they have the maple the downtown location advertises BUT DOESN'T HAVE.

They didn't. So since I was there already I got a Boston Creme because I hadn't tried that yet and figured I had already stopped, might as well. Also, I should note that they shared the building with a Goodrich that wasn't in a Subway! Maybe I should have just gotten a malt instead. But it wasn't Monday, which is apparently Malt Day? I didn't ask about the specials. Maybe there'll have to be a 4th time...

The chocolate frosting was good, the creme was just eh. In fact, I'm not positive if it really was a Boston Creme for real, but maybe just a bavarian creme? It just didn't have a lot of flavor. It wasn't overly sugary, just almost like pudding that was made with too much milk or something. Also, it was almost $2. In Lincoln, that is too much for a donut. 2/5.



No comments:

Post a Comment