Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sun Mart Foods

Where: 1340 West O St, Lincoln
What: Maple cups? It had a weird name...
When: Thursday, August 15, 2013

I've been very bad about posting reviews recently, mainly because I'm almost out of new places in Lincoln to review and I haven't had any trips recently either! But I think this is the first of three reviews I have waiting to go, so I'll try to be quicker with them!

I was actually trying to go to a place called Randy's Donuts this morning in northwest Lincoln, but it was closed. Not sure if it was permanently or because it was 11:30am already by the time I got there. So instead I went to the grocery store in the same parking lot since I didn't think I'd had one of their donuts before.

They only thing that they had that was maple was this huge looking donut pastry hybrid thing that was easily 6 inches in diameter and pushing 3 inches tall. (Quick! Calculate the volume based on a roughly cylindrical shape! Go!)

Anyways, the frosting was a little much. In volume that is. The flavor was perfect, but it was quick thick. The pastry part was really good, kind of like a croissant but not as buttery. It was $1.25, which was kind of pricey for me as most of you know. I forgot to even look at how much normal donuts cost. Man, I'm not good at this whole complete review thing...

But here are pictures to make up for it. I'd say 4/5, but don't eat it all in one sitting. This may last awhile...



No comments:

Post a Comment