Friday, August 9, 2013

Target

Where: 8201 S. 40th St, Lincoln
What: Glazed Old Fashioned
When: Sunday, August 4, 2013

First of all, I made the mistake of going to Target the week before school started here in Lincoln. When all the school supplies were majorly discounted. And every family in a 3 mile radius was back to school shopping. At the Super Target.

It was a little stressful. Especially since I don't know where everything is there yet and my list had some weird things on it (carpet cleaner...for that pack of chik fil a sauce I may have stepped on while cleaning the day before...)

So obviously, it was a donut day. Despite having a fairly large food and bakery section, the donut selection sucked. There may have been four varieties to choose from and none of them looked super appetizing. Perhaps because some of them had weird purple frosting on them. If you need fancy colors to draw attention to your donuts, you aren't making them right.

I went with the glazed old fashioned because it looked decent and simple enough. It was 89 cents if I recall correctly. And possibly the worst 89 cents I ever spent. It was too sugary on the outside and too doughy on the inside. Not a lot of flavor (besides Sugar, which should only be a flavor for cookies). 1/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment