Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Donut Pub, Manhattan

What: Boston Creme Pie, Chocolate-Vanilla donut holes, Mini cake donuts
Where: 203 W 14th St, Manhattan 10011
When: Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
website: http://www.donutpub.com/

I was most excited for this donut location because I loved the name. Imagine, a bar that serves donuts? I figured it wasn't ACTUALLY a bar, but just the thought got my excited. It was the last stop on our 2014 Donut Tour, and sadly, it was not a good one. The donuts tasted just eh and they didn't have any exciting flavors. The Boston Creme Pie reminded me a lot of Dunkin Donuts, which is yummy, but not something I'd make a special trip for. The smaller donuts (donut holes and mini donuts) tasted a little stale. Maybe we were donuted out by this time.

The store is open 24/7 though, and has donut workshops (I didn't ask about it, but perhaps you could have a donut making birthday party? Ok, maybe not you, maybe I could have a donut making birthday party? Hmmm...), so they definitely have that going for them. I wouldn't be opposed to trying them again, maybe earlier in the day?

Boston Creme Pie: 3/5
Donut holes and mini donuts: 1.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment