Friday, April 18, 2014

Pettit's Pastry

What: a lot...
Where: 502 N. 16th St, Omaha
When: Saturday, March 22nd, 2014


I bought a Groupon for Pettit's way back when I started my blog and of course, I let it expire. Although I hope you all know they never expire completely. The value you paid for the Groupon still works at the store, just not the promotional value. So instead of getting $20 worth of donuts for my $10 from last year, I just got $10 worth of donuts. That was ok, I probably didn't actually need $20 worth of donuts in one weekend.

This wasn't my first time at Pettit's and I've had their maple offerings before. This time we went with anything random! There was an oreo donut, a pecan nut roll, a danish, etc. The oreo donut was especially yummy with butter cream frosting on a chocolate cake donut and then crumbled cookies on top. 4.5/5.

The cheese danish was also delicious, and the other donuts were perfect home made not by a national chain donuts. I didn't try the pecan roll, and if you know me in real life, you aren't surprised. I hear it was good. It was a little dry, perhaps from going late in the day? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment