Thursday, July 23, 2015

Tom + Chee

What: Summer Sensation (so this isn't the actual name, but I keep forgetting the actual name because I didn't go inside to order, I may have to slip in soon to verify the name and description)
Where: 263 N. 13th St, Lincoln NE 68508
When: Thursday, July 9th, 2015


I recently started a new summer job that has been fairly slow. But whenever I have different plans, it seems to get busy. One Thursday, my husband was going to meet me for lunch and we were going to try some of Tom + Chee's grilled cheese donuts. But right before he was supposed to meet me, we got swamped and I didn't get a chance to pre-order our donuts. So he had to go to Tom + Chee on his own and try to figure out which donut I had wanted him to order. He ended up getting a seasonal one that wasn't even on my the menu I had been reading, but it was delicious. It had blackberrys and a lemon compote, along with a slice of cheese. The donut was sliced in the middle like a bagel, but then turned almost inside out so that the cut edges were what went on the griddle.

It was delicious. I figured it would be, but my husband was pretty skeptical. Even he liked it. We ate it with a plastic fork, but a knife would have made it easier. The soft cheese in the middle oozed a little, but we were able to use it as a dip for our bits of toasty donut. I would easily give it a 5/5 and look forward to trying some more flavors soon. For research purposes of course.
(Also, I'll try to bring my real camera next time and not use the tiny camera on my old flip phone, sorry for the not super clear photos!)



No comments:

Post a Comment