Thursday, July 30, 2015

Winchell's

What: Maple frosted old fashioned, Chocolate frosted raised
Where: 2905 S. 120th St, Omaha NE 68144
When: Monday, July 6th 2015
website


I have gotten a couple Winchell's donuts before at Amigo's, the fast food chain in Nebraska that has quite the variety of food. I had never been to an actual Winchell's store before, and this may be the last one still out there. We went on a Monday afternoon, and while the selection was good, the freshness may have been lacking slightly.

I wanted to try an old fashioned because I had never had one, so I got a maple frosted one while my husband stuck to a traditional raised donut with chocolate frosting. The old fashioned seemed harder than a raised donut, but because of the significant increase in surface area from it's shape, maybe that's normal? It was not my favorite. The maple icing was dull and the donut just tasted old. The chocolate frosted was better, but nothing amazing. Honestly, the fresh one's I've gotten at Amigo's have been better. Maybe earlier in the day is good, but I would  not recommend a late afternoon stop at Winchell's.

Maple old fashioned: 1/5
Chocolate glazed: 2.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment