Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mojo Monkey Donuts

What: Maple cake, Blueberry Pancake cake, Cinnamon and Sugar donut holes
Where: 1169 7th St. West, St. Paul, MN 55102
When: Tuesday, May 26th, 2015

This place may have had my favorite donut shop decorations yet, check out this tile mosaic from their front wall!

It was a small store, but you could tell the baking was done right there on site. We arrived around 11am and there were still a lot of options for donuts, mostly cake.







At first I thought they were slightly overpriced, but that was before I tasted our selections. They were so well flavored it was amazing. The blueberry pancake one had some drizzles of maple frosting and the blueberries in it tasted like you just picked them in Maine. The maple cake donut had the best flavoring for a cake donut that I have ever had. Possible a hint of cinnamon? Or real vanilla from the pod, not the liquid stuff McCormick's sells. They also had a cake stand of sample donut holes. I can't tell you the last time I walked into a donut shop that was giving away samples that wasn't my neighborhood grocery store. The samples definitely sucked in the hubby. We bought 7. I'd give everything a 5/5. This is what good baking tastes like.

No comments:

Post a Comment