Thursday, December 10, 2015

Dottie's Donuts

What: Apple Cider
Where: Grindcore Coffee, 4th and Cross, Philadelphia, PA
When: Wednesday, November 25th, 2015

This year I made it to Grindcore before they were sold out of Dottie's Donuts. I was excited to see what they had to offer, but I also got to experience the price first hand instead of my sisters' buying them for us. $3.50 a donut. Just for a special occasion, definitely not an every day purchase. 
I selected the apple cider, since, you know, fall. It was pretty good, so light and fluffy. For those of you in the know, Dottie's Donuts are vegan. This one was an interesting hyrbid of a raised donut and a cake donut. It was also the only apple cider donut I've gotten that was frosted. The apple flavor was excellent and the moisture was right on. I'd give it a 4/5, only losing points for price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment