Monday, December 21, 2015

Making Donuts!



One of the ladies in my small group gave me a surprise present last week and I am so pumped about it. I just told the hubby that one of my resolutions for next year will be to try to make something out of the cookbook once a month. Not tooooo often, but I figured you guys would like to hear about the attempts and the hubby would like to eat the attempts. 

I've flipped through it and love how it is set up. The beginning of the book is a handful of different donut recipes, including ones that you fry, ones that you bake, and ones that you can use those tiny novelty donut fryers. Then there are some basic frosting and glaze recipes, and then they get into all the fun stuff you can do with the basic recipes. The book ends with a section on making masterpieces out of either homemade or store bought donuts.

Two of my favorite masterpieces are the step by step directions to making a tiered donut cake and the pinata cake. Sadly, we just took all the cake pedestals to my sister to use at her bakery, so I will have to figure out how to make it look awesome without a real pedestal. I will update you in January with my first attempt!


No comments:

Post a Comment