Thursday, June 11, 2015

Conroy's Family Bakery

What: Maple cake, apple kolache, glazed donut hole, mini cinnamon roll, pecan roll
Where: 1600 Normandy Court, Lincoln NE
When: Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015

We're thinking about ordering a ton of donuts from Conroy's for our one year anniversary party (yeah, we're doing that. We didn't have a big reception so now we get to all go hang out in a state park and eat a lot of food. Don't be jealous.)
Therefore, I have to try every donut Conroy's makes. Right? Here is my selection from this week:


On the left is a "maple frosted" that I ate in the car because I was too hungry to wait. Sorry. The frosting was super fluffy though and not very maple-y so I was not convinced it was an actual maple cake donut. Still delicious though! I'd go with 3/5 as a maple cake donut, but 4/5 as a donut. Conroy's is one of our favorite local places.

On the right is the other randoms, including a glazed donut hole (if you can call it that), an apple kolache, a mini cinnamon roll, and a pecan roll (clockwise from top left if you didn't realize). They were all beyond amazing. The mini cinnamon roll was like just getting the center half of a normal roll, the part with all the brown sugar and cinnamon and butter goodness. We will definitely getting some more of those. 5/5 for sure.

The kolache was interesting. If you've never had a kolache (but you know about them because I've talked about them before, mainly here) they are a less sweet danish. This kolache however had a glaze on it (not like the drizzle glaze of a normal danish, but like the dipped glaze of a glazed donut). It was interesting. I'd say 3.5/5.

I didn't really eat the pecan roll besides a small bite of a corner that was pecan-less. I've grown ok with almonds and peanuts and cashews in trail mix. Not in my backed goods. Nope. Definitely no walnuts in fudge either. My husband loved it though, so we'll say he votes 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment