Monday, June 15, 2015

North Country donut tour

This year my husband's company had to shut down extra days for building construction and we got 5 days off in a row. So, to take full advantage of them, we planned a crazy trip to Minnesota that involved some camping, some sight seeing, some beer tasting, and a lot of donuts.

My husband did most of the hard word, vetting various donut places and letting me know which ones were must see. I then compiled my favorites and researched hours so we wouldn't miss any. We still missed some. Tip: write down hours for every day, not just the day you might go! Also, call for hours if at all possible. Donut places' websites aren't always the most up to date. 


We made it to four of the five places I listed, missing out on Dozen Excuses because of timing. We also added Tobie's in Hinckley, MN. So many donuts...here are your teaser reviews:

Yoyo's: grocery story donuts in a hip setting
Tobie's: old fashioned bakery
Mojo Monkey: amazing flavor
Glam Doll: THE donut destination in Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment