Sunday, June 7, 2015

National Donut Weekend!

I know, it's National Donut DAY, but it turned into a whole weekend of fun! I figured I should recap it in all it's amazingness so you guys can be jealous.

Friday was actual National Donut Day and my husband and I spent the morning collecting donuts for free (or super cheap).

After work on Friday we had some friends over in two waves for Donut Happy Hour and tried out some donut themed cocktails.


Saturday started with a painting class at The Corky Canvas with some girlfriends. We got mimosas and donuts and were led through the steps to create this masterpiece:


Later on Saturday we met some friends and family at my favorite state park for a bbq. I tried out these campfire eclairs from the blog Happy Money Saver and they failed pretty miserably. But my friends were great sports about it and we experimented with different ways of cooking the crescent roll dough and just straight up grilling the donuts I brough.


And then this morning I got to live my dream of setting up a "Make Your Own Donut" Bar for a church group lunch. I brought some donuts that I froze on Friday plus frosings and glazes and toppings for everyone to personalize their own dream donut. It was delicious!


Very full weekend and now I need to go for a run. Work off all this sugar!


No comments:

Post a Comment