Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tobie's

What: Maple Roll, Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
Where: 405 Fire Monument Road, Hinckley, MN 55307
When: Sunday, May 24th, 2015
website

Tobie's is one of those massive complexes just off the interstate in an otherwise empty section of road that offers everything. Food. Gas. Gift shop. Car Wash. It's halfway between the Twin Cities and Duluth, which is apparently where everyone goes for long holidays. Not Duluth necessary, but "up north". Like how the people in Philadelphia go "down the shore."

We stopped in to check out their bakery section and were not disappointed. Look at this case! And the size of these cinnamon rolls!


My husband wanted the chocolate buttermilk and he convinced me to get the maple roll instead of the maple long john because he doesn't like fillings. Both donuts were COVERED in icing. I mean, it was good icing, but it was thick. I've been known to scrap icing off before, but that's hard to do when you're camping so I sucked it up and ate it. Every last bite.

     

I'd say 4/5 for both and I would definitely stop again if I'm ever in the area. Just don't go in the gift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment