Monday, July 8, 2013

Casey's General Store

Casey's is a huge chain of gas station/convenience stores throughout the midwest. Kind of like Wawa in the midatlantic. But with pizza instead of subs. And home made donuts. Supposedly. I think some aren't made in store, but most are. Some have big signs outside advertising their homemade donuts and pizza. I don't think it's the same dough.

One of my favorite thing about Casey's is that they always have maple something. And normally they have lots of maple somethings. Raised. Cake. Sprinkles. Chopping peanuts. Etc etc. They also in the fall have a pumpkin cake donut with frosting. I think it might be cream cheese-ish, but I'm not sure because they don't refrigerate them or anything. I'd give them a 3/5 maybe even a 3.5/5 just for consistency of selection. The pumpkin may be closer to 4/5, but I'll give the full review on that in the fall (along with a ton of other pumpkin or apple cider donuts, you guys may start to miss the maple donut obsession by the time November comes around!)

Casey's is also a great place for traveling because they have one in basically every little town (all along the Lincoln Highway!) and their bathrooms are always usable. Often times immaculate, but I don't want to make any promises. I could probably write a blog about finding good bathrooms while traveling as well, but that audience may not be who I'm aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment