Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hy-Vee Donuts

Where: 6001 Village Dr, Lincoln
What: Maple cake donut
When: Wednesday, July 24th, 2013

Hy-Vee is a huge grocery store chain in the midwest out of Iowa. There prices aren't as good as Super Saver's, but there selection is better. And they have a gas rewards program where certain items earn you 1-10 cents off per gallon of gas. You guys know I'm all about that (but I won't buy a product just to save on gas, I'm not that crazy. I have to actually need/want it). This week is bags of lettuce which is AWESOME because I've been eating lots of salads for lunch.

Oh yeah, the donut review. Sorry. I've had Hy-Vee donuts before, probably about 5 years ago in Omaha. But not the cake ones. So this one was my first maple cake from Hy-Vee.

There was a lot of frosting on the donut, filling the center hole, and the donut was dense but still moist. It was 89 cents and I'd say a 3/5. Nothing to write home about and not worth making a special trip for but probably good for office breakfast meetings.


No comments:

Post a Comment