Saturday, July 20, 2013

Family and Donuts

Since the beginning of my memories, Sundays were for mass, donuts, and brunch. Since most of my memories start in Texas, the donuts were mostly Shipleys.

Whenever we get donuts as a family, we each get to pick out what type we want. But that doesn't matter much, because almost like clockwork when we get home, a butter knife appears in the donut box and the donuts get cut into fourths as you want them. Everything is shared and everyone gets to try all the different types. Now, maybe we didn't do this when we were super young because I can't imagine four kids sharing very well. But that's how we eat donuts today.

And when I brought donuts to work one day after our annual review by the head haunchos, I made sure to bring a knife. Everyone had to try maple cake at least :-)

Photos by

No comments:

Post a Comment