Monday, July 15, 2013

Jelly Cafe

Where: 600 East 13th Ave, Denver CO
What: Assorted donut holes
When: June 2012
website

Last year I got an email from Jetblue about a secret offer. It was $20-$500 off the cost of a roundtrip flight and there was about a month window to take it during. I get these emails often. Always get the least amount off. Not this time. $500 off in one email account. $250 off in another. And for some reason my mom, who doesn't ever fly, got a $500 off email in her account.

$1250 to spend on a trip anywhere Jetblue flies. Amazing!

So my sisters and I took a weekend trip to Denver. Because we could. We stayed in an apartment we found on Airbnb. We rented bikes daily from B-Cycle. And we ate and played and hung out. There was a lot of food. And Jelly Cafe was one of our stops!

We're big brunch fans in my family so one of my sisters had figured out the three best places for brunch for us, and Jelly was the third one.

Despite no mention of donuts on their website, they have these little jelly filled donut holes that you can order with your breakfast and of course, we ordered them. There was slight confusion about the order, we wanted one order of each of the flavors they had that day, but we only got one donut hole of each flavor. Thankfully we're good at sharing and that just left more room for the actual breakfast we had ordered. The donuts were ok, nothing to write home about (but apparently enough to write a review about...I mean I do need to get a donut review in every state eventually!) 2/5

Also, despite having pictures of practically every other meal we ate that weekend, I have none from Jelly. Sadness. You'll have to go visit their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment