Thursday, July 4, 2013

Conroy's Bakery

Where: 4725 Prescott Ave, Lincoln
What: Maple cake donut
When: Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013.

You guys are probably like, why the crap does she keep getting maple cake donuts? We want to hear about other types of freakin donuts already!

1. It's my favorite.
2. I use it as my donut measuring stick.
3. Deal with it.

Tuesday my bosses had to take the day off for some appointments so the three employees ran the show. So I worked 9am-7pm. It was definitely a donut day. When one of the other employees went to the post office, he stopped for coffee on the way back and, since he knows me so well, brought back donuts for us as well. I didn't even have to tell him maple cake for me either.

The donut was pretty simple looking, but it was close to perfect. The cake was moist, the frosting perfectly flavored. Maybe it was also because the day was a little stressful, running the store on our own, but the donut was a 5/5. And the funny thing is, I'd been to Conroy's Bakery before, one of my first trips to Lincoln. But we got cookies to take to a family event, and I didn't know that a year later I'd be writing about donuts like it was my job and have to revisit the bakery (the cookies were just ok, if you were wondering).

Also, as a teaser for tomorrow, I'll post about the 4th and how conversations at a family gathering totally reminded me of how much my extended family has influenced me in my love of food and traveling. And I might talk about jello salad. And, while I'm slightly off topic, I found out recently that Internet Explorer sucked at displaying my blog and the white box was not appearing behind the text to make it legible. I hope that's fixed now, if not, let me know! Thanks! Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment