Saturday, July 6, 2013

Winchell's

When I first started talking about moving to Lincoln and realized there weren't any Dunkin Donuts around (after 9 years of living in Boston, that was a tough realization), my mom told me I'd have to try Winchell's. She talked it up quite a bit, I did some internet research. Not a huge presence.

I get here and it turns out most of them are actually in Amigo's, a Taco Bell-ish fast food place (but better). So I try their donuts. Twice. And both times, I'm just like really? This kind of sucks. I wonder if they were good when they had their own establishments?

I got a chocolate frosted raised donut once in January and once sometime this spring. Both times the donuts were dry and the frosting and little chocolate flavor. 1/5.

Disclaimer: Both times I got donuts it was after 1pm. It is possible they are better fresh. I'd be willing to try them earlier if I ever make it to an Amigo's before 10am or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment