Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Super Saver Bakery

Where: 2525 Pine Lake Road, Lincoln
What: Peanut Butter frosted cinnamon roll
When: Tuesday, July 9th, 2013
website

Today I had some errands to run after work so I figured it was time to try a Super Saver donut. I love Super Saver because the prices are really low. And not like fake low, but real low. Like $1.88 for shredded cheese low. Name brand shredded cheese. I'm sure my brother in law is laughing at me right now if he's reading this.  I didn't go to Younkers, so no shot.

Anyways, I went to the bakery case and for once, no maple donuts! I've checked out their donuts before and always restrained myself and the one time I'm ready to get one, nothing! Sadness :-(

I thought the cinnamon roll may have had maple frosting (like anything is labeled in a Super Saver bakery case. This is the no frills grocery store here. But not No Frills for real, which is a store in Omaha. Just to confuse you.) based on the color, but it turned out to be peanut butter. Or at least I thought it was.

Man, I get off topic easily!

Good frosting, medium pb flavoring. Bland cinnamon roll. 3/5. It was better warmed up, but still nothing I'd go back for. The roll was a little dry and didn't have much flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment