Sunday, June 23, 2013

Donut Bar

Where: 621 B St, San Diego CA
What: Lemon filled powdered donut
When: Friday, April 12th, 2013
Website
My last donut stop of the great donut tour of 2013 was at The Donut Bar, a trendy new place in San Diego. The first time I found it, it was closed. They're only open until they run out of whatever donuts they made that morning. It was slightly disappointing, but I made it back the next day before they ran out (although they had a limited selection by that time, probably around 11-12pm or so.

I got the lemon filled powdered donut, and I do like lemon filling so it wasn't like I got whatever they had left. They were definitely out of maple by then, so that was slightly disappointing. The donut was $2 plus tip, tipping kind of makes donuts not so cheap anymore, but the prices seemed fair when you think about the love that they obviously put into all the donuts. The lemon filling was excellent, I could have done without all the powdered sugar just because I'm normally not a powdered donut fan. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment