Monday, June 10, 2013

Where it all started...Voodoo Doughnuts

Where: 22 SW 3rd Ave, Portland
What: Maple raised filled with vanilla custard
When: Thursday, April 4th, 2013
Website: http://voodoodoughnut.com/index.php

Back in April I took a West Coast Road Trip (can you still call it a road trip if you fly from city to city? I did hit four cities in a 10 day span so I think it should count.). My second destination of the trip was Portland and I decided I wanted to see this donut place everyone talks about, Voodoo Doughnuts (possibly the only review I'll do where they spell out doughnuts. So pretentious.). My friend said she would take me, but that there were better donuts to be had. So we went, on the condition that the next day I would try her favorite place, and thus the donut tour began. So here is my first ever donut review!


The place is very touristy and novely driven with donuts ranging from $1-$6. There was a special on Thursday with some local filling (Kelly's Jelly) but it was labeled spicy so I avoided it. Plus everyone knows that I go for maple first and formost. The place was small, the line was large. There was outdoor seating and it was cash only. As you can see in the case, there were some crazy intricate donuts. A lot with cereals for sprinkles. I'm getting hungry just thinking about all those donuts again!
My mustache got smeared in
in the bag. I was sad. Until
I tasted the deliciousness!


I had a maple donut filled with vanilla custard (think the creme from a Boston Creme donut). There was a small mustache drawn on it with white icing because mustaches are everywhere right now. The donut was larger than a Dunkin Donuts donut and more than I could eat in one donut setting, but it was awesome. Definitely worth the visit. It was a good mixture between light and fluffy donut and creamy filling. 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment