Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Federal Donuts

Where: 1219 S. 2nd St, Philly
What: Basically everything
When: Sunday, May 24th, 2013
On the web


While the family was all together in Philly we managed to make it to Federal Donuts to try some of their semifamous fare. I didn't actually go so I'm kind of sad that I can't report on the store or anything. However, my brother in law did take some amazing pictures of the donuts, so that may make up for it.


They sort their donuts into fancies and hot fresh. The fancies are cake donuts with fancy flavors (duh) and the hot fresh are warm cake donuts with sugar sprinkled on them. Think apple cider donuts from a orchard.

We had all three types of hot fresh currently on their menu: appollonia, indian cinnamon, and vanilla-lavender. We also had about 6 different types of fancies, and of course I can't remember all of them. I think I need a donut notebook. There was definitely cookies & cream, banana creme pie, milk chocolate peanut butter, blueberry muffin. Possibly Lucky peach. My favorite was the chocolate pb one. The blueberry one almost seemed like it had straight blueberry preserves as the frosting. As for the hot fresh, my favorite were the appollonia. I think I enjoyed the hot fresh ones better than the fancy, they were more pure and simple without being overbearing.

(pics from: Heavy Metal Dub)

1 comment: