Saturday, June 22, 2013

Travel Insurance

My lovely hotel room in Denver
I totally recommend travel insurance for any large domestic trip or any international trip. There have been trips where I never even thought about it and trips that I've actually had to use it.

I have used a couple different companies, but most recently World Nomads. I liked World Nomads because it works for any trip over 100 miles from your home address. It was incredibly easy to sign up for (all online) and easy to make claims with (also all online). But, despite all the online stuff, you can also call them and get a real live person to ask questions to! Such a plus nowadays!

Making the most of my extended layover

I was able to use it to cover a hotel stay when my connection was late and stranded me in Denver and I was able to use it to go see a doctor about an ear infection I had while visiting my parents in Florida. The process was so super easy, I just had to scan in relevant documents and email them to World Nomads. They were prompt with questions and payments when my claims were approved.

This isn't a very interesting post, but bottom line: travel insurance is a good idea for any large trips! Save yourself the worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment