Saturday, June 8, 2013

Russ's Market

Where:33rd & Hwy 2, Lincoln NE
What: Maple iced cake donut + variety
When: Thursday, June 6th, 2013
Website: http://www.russmarket.com/


On Thursday I stopped at Russ's Market (grocery store in Lincoln) to get some donuts to share at work as an early National Donut Day treat. I ordered a variety dozen ($7.99), and then the woman in the bakery threw in some extras because according to her they had glazed donuts coming out the wazoo.

The maple and chocolate icing was perfect. Both had a lot of flavor without tasting over the top. The chocolate really had some depth too it that was yummy. Even their plain glazed were good! They must use some extra flavorings in all of them because nothing tasted like it was just sugar. Maybe some vanilla? Vanilla makes almost everything better. I also tried some of the blueberry cake, but was underwhelmed by that one. The cake donut from the maple one was a little fluffier than I like them, but still good. I may have preferred the raised donuts, but stupid me I didn't get a raised maple for comparison! I guess that'll be on my list of ones to go back for too...

I also got to introduce my coworkers to eating donuts family style, with a butter knife to cut them into quarters for easy sharing :-)

Mmmmm...maple cake

No comments:

Post a Comment